Label：New Energy, Power Generation
Oct 25, 20234300
Nowadays, with the continuous innovation and progress of science and technology, energy issues have increasingly become a problem that we pay attention to, so various types of new energy sources are gradually developed.
So, what are pros and cons of these new energy power generation methods?
Hydropower uses the potential energy contained in water to build different types of hydropower stations to convert water energy into electrical energy.
1. The efficiency of hydropower generation is as high as over 90%.
2. The cost of unit output power is the lowest.
3. The power generation starts quickly, and the power generation can be completed within a few minutes.
4. No waste gas or residue is produced, and it is green and environmentally friendly.
1. It's affected by factors such as season and climate.
2. The factory construction period is long, and the construction cost is high.
3. It is not easy to increase the capacity after the factory is built.
4. Destroy the ecology and affect animals and plants.
5. Dam construction requires relocating residents, and requires large investment in infrastructure construction.
2. Solar photovoltaic power generation
Photovoltaic power generation uses solar cells to directly convert sunlight energy into electrical energy based on the principle of photovoltaic effect.
1. Solar energy resources are inexhaustible and inexhaustible.
2. Solar energy resources can provide power nearby without the need for long-distance transmission, thus avoiding the loss of electrical energy caused by long-distance transmission lines.
3. The energy conversion process of photovoltaic power generation is simple, directly converting light energy into electrical energy without mechanical wear.
4. Photovoltaic power generation does not use fuel, does not pollute the air, does not produce noise. It's environmentally friendly, and is a green and environmentally friendly renewable energy source.
1. Low energy density. Although the total amount of energy the sun throws into the earth is extremely huge, most of the energy is absorbed by the ocean, and only about 10% of the total amount of solar energy that can actually reach the land surface.
2. Low conversion efficiency.
3. Power generation is affected by factors such as season, climate, day and night.
4. High investment cost.
5. The manufacturing process of crystalline silicon cells is highly polluting and energy-consuming.
3. Wind power generation
Wind power generation converts kinetic energy of wind into electrical energy. Its potential is huge. The global wind energy is about 2.74×10^9MW, of which the available wind energy is 2×10^7MW, which is 10 times larger than the total amount of water energy that can be developed and utilized on earth.
1. Clean and good environmental benefits.
2. Renewable and never exhausted.
3. The infrastructure construction cycle is short. It can be constructed on land or at sea.
4. The installed capacity is flexible, and the operation and maintenance costs are low.
1. It affects bird migration.
2. The wind speed power generation are unstable.
3. It is affected by wind speed, environment and other factors.
4. Waste incineration to generate electricity
Waste-to-energy refers to a form of power generation that uses a special incineration boiler to burn municipal solid waste, and then generates electricity through a steam turbine generator set.
1. When garbage is incinerated, the pathogenic bacteria in the garbage are completely killed. The flue gas generated by the incineration is discharged after purification. It is highly harmless.
2. After the garbage is incinerated, the ash only accounts for 5% of the original volume. It achieves the purpose of reduction more than other treatment methods such as landfill.
3. It realizes the energy and resource utilization of waste, improves the utilization efficiency of waste, and reduces environmental pollution.
1. The investment amount is large.
2. The incineration produces "dioxin" exhaust gas and combustion residue, which causes air pollution.
5. Water hydrogen generator
The water hydrogen machine focuses on safety, practicality and environmental protection. It is suitable for providing stable power supply off-grid. It can also be used as a range extender for electric vehicles, and can also be directly used as a power source for electric vehicles. The machine has the characteristics of small size, long service life, high efficiency, stable performance, safety and environmental protection.
The raw material of the water hydrogen machine is methanol, which comes from a wide range of sources. It belongs to the category of renewable energy. The methanol preparation process is "absorbing carbon and expelling oxygen", while the process of methanol hydrogen production is "absorbing oxygen and expelling carbon". The continuous updating of methanol hydrogen production technology is changing the situation of "hydrogen energy is not environmentally friendly".
On the other hand, the water hydrogen machine solves the storage and transportation problem of hydrogen in traditional hydrogen fuel cells. The water hydrogen machine uses catalytic reforming technology to use methanol water as raw material to produce hydrogen and directly generate electricity. It no longer requires compressed canning or pipeline transportation of hydrogen. It has achieved "using hydrogen without seeing hydrogen" and fundamentally solved the safety problems of hydrogen storage and transportation.