Label：PCB Industry, Laser Processing, Laser Cutting
Nov 11, 202112300
With the rapid development of PCB (referring to three materials of copper foil, glass fiber and resin) products in the direction of high density and high precision, the application of lasers in the production process of PCB products has become more and more extensive. The application of laser has directly promoted the development of technology such as micro-holes, fine wires, and layer-to-layer alignment of printed circuit boards, and PCB production has rapidly moved towards the era of laser processing.
1. Laser processing tiny holes on the PCB. This processing started in the 1980s. In the 1990s, due to the need for processing a large number of tiny holes on HDI/BUM boards, laser processing micro-technology was developed.
2. The traditional film imaging technology has been unable to keep up with the requirements due to its long process, high cost and large errors. Laser direct imaging includes direct imaging of photoresist, laser direct imaging on the tin-plated layer, and direct imaging on the copper clad laminate.
The advantages of laser direct imaging are:
(1) No light painting film is required
(2) Few imaging processing steps;
(3) The line width and spacing are small;
(4) High precision of line width;
(5) High degree of alignment between layers;
(6) The wire defect rate is extremely low;
(7) The product qualification rate is extremely high and the cost is low.
3. Laser correction, laser cutting and laser processing. The principle is laser ablation or destruction of the material bond structure to achieve the processing purpose. Nowadays, the proliferation of passive components has to be embedded in the PCB, and its repair and fine-tuning can only be done easily with lasers. Laser treatment of the surface of the PCB can improve the activity and roughness of the surface to facilitate surface metallization and increase the bonding force between interfaces.
4. Laser measurement and inspection. With the high density of PCB, the use of laser interference and scanning principles, non-contact precision measurement of various physical quantities of PCB (such as thickness, length, flatness, surface roughness, etc.) will be more and more. The results of laser coating technology and the electrical performance of the network are being researched and tried.